Sunday, June 28, 2009

So life is going ok


Hola.
So I really like making videos, I'll probably make a video of my amazzzing sixflags voyage which will be taking place in a couple of days, right now.. i've been swamped with work which is cool because I do need a way to pay for books next semester.

I was going to make another video blog but I feel kinda icky because I just got off work and I'm a little sweaty in the sort of way that would stick you to the fake leather interior of a jet black sedan.

I'm sure you needed to know that.

My day went by pretty intensely.

An elderly man decided to raise his voice to me because an item he believed to be buy one get one free turned out to be full price.

"Um sir. Where did you see the sign that says 'Buy one get one free'?" I ask in the politest way I could manage.

"It was right next to the vitamins!" He shouted, the fire's in his eyes and the words are really clear.

"I'm sorry sir, but that sign goes to a different product..." I pointed to the item which was a laxative, "Is this the item you would like?"

By this time there was a lot of customers waiting in line, I called for a second checker but I really wanted to say, "This is my message to you, the customers are linin' up, we're bringin' brighter days. They're all in line, waitin' for you. Can't you see?"

But I didn't, instead I just smiled as he began his tirade of how I should honor the sign even though it was clearly not for his product and I should be ashamed for offering him a laxative.

I apologized and smiled and rang the other items and bid him "Have an amazing day!"
I tell myself,
Don't try to fight it,
There ain't nothin' you can do,
Relax your mind, lay back and groove

So tonight, gotta leave that nine to five upon the shelf
and just enjoy yourself

Toodles. =)

2 comments:

Kelvin said...

Ur 1st pic is so scary haha. U sure have the politeness needed in the service line:) (Singapore services sux like hell, nvr bother to even say thank u after purchasing the product)

Tony said...

I'm glad the situation with the crappy man didn't turn dangerous. I don't know why they wanna trip over it. Sometimes you just really feel like you want to SCREAM or just say "leave me alone!" Just remember you are not alone. I just want to see you smile. :)