Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday has come to run me over


So, I work in retail.
If you work in retail, you too will feel the wrath of black friday. That is, if you're going to be working today.
Unfortunately, I do.

The store I cashier at is notorious for being out of stock on things. I must mentally prepare for having my head bitten off by middle aged women with their unwilling children in tow, knuckles white with coupons in their grasp, and angered by the mere mention of the words "out of stock".

Yeah, I'm going to get pummeled.

Black friday is actually a play off the term "black tuesday" from the 1929 stock market crash, seeing as black friday creates just as an intense and crazy experience.

I, on the other hand, like to call black friday, "angry-people-who-think-they-shouldn't-have-to pay-for-their-things fridays" because there are some customers who are that bitchy.

I would give anything to stay in bed with my boyfriend all morning.
Oh well. I can still dream.

No comments: